We’re excited to launch our ‘Big Spring Experiment’ as we try something new on Wednesday nights!
The new schedule will feature changes to our Wednesday dinner, programming additions for all ages, and the addition of a new prayer time to kick things off.
Check out the coming schedule below and join us as we kick things off on Wednesday, February 5!
Prayer Time (Parlor) | Coming together to share the things that are happening in our church family is an important part of our living life together. Join us every Wednesday as we gather to share and pray together in the Parlor.
Fellowship Dinner (Fellowship Hall) | It is said that the “fondest memories are made when gathered around the table.” At Benson Baptist we know that this is true! Join us as we gather around the table and share in life (and good food) together!
- Back-Pack Pals (Pantry) | Our children and youth will gather in the pantry to pack resource bags for Benson Elementary.
- Nursery Opens (Nursery) | Parents of infants, toddlers, and preschoolers are able to drop their children off at the Nursery where our new Nursery Coordinator, Kate Crow, will be waiting with church volunteers to care for them!
- Adult Discussion Group (Fellowship Hall) | Learning about faith and life together is just as important as anything else in the church. Join us this spring as we explore what it means for us to live in relationship with others as the community of Christ. Using the book “The Good and Beautiful Community” by James Bryan Smith, we’ll explore God’s call to see ourselves as a community who “live in continuous contact with the kingdom of God and are constantly men and women in who Christ dwells. A community of people that do not sometimes tell the truth, sometimes live sacrificially or sometimes forgive. There are myriad opportunities for us to affect the world we live in.” Come and share in discussion and life about how Benson Baptist can live into the fullness of a good and beautiful community following after Christ!
- Children to weekly rotation (2nd Floor) | Our children will be on a rotation of music or faith/Bible lesson every Wednesday night.
- Youth to Mid-Week Catch-Up (Youth Room) | 6th-12th graders are invited to meet in the youth room to catch up!
Choir Practice (Choir Room) | Our weekly chance for the choir to come together and prepare for worship. If you’re not currently in the choir, but would like more information, contact Todd Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.