The Center for Disease Control suggests the following to prevent the spread of the virus and to stay well:
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay at home when you are sick and see your primary care provider if your symptoms persist or increase.
- Cough into your elbow, sneeze into a tissue, and dispose of tissues properly.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after contact, eating, sneezing, and coughing, and use alcohol-based hand sanitizers when soap and water are not available.
Additionally, many churches are recommending attendees suspend the practice of shaking hands or hugging when gathered as a community of faith.
While difficult, this is a good practice that we would to implement at Benson Baptist. We suggest an elbow or fist-bump in place of a handshake or hug for the time being.
In addition to these steps, we also ask that you join us in praying for those infected, those who have lost loved ones, and those who are living in fear during this time of uncertainty.
Thank you for joining with us in keeping our community of faith safe and well during this time,
The Staff and Deacons of Benson Baptist Church