Requests that are marked through have been updated in the list or have been removed.
- Larry Williams – Larry is doing much better. Continue praying for him as he and Dottie continue forward in this health journey. This is an update from a previous request.
September 14, 2020
- Prayers for a Co-Worker – William Massengill requests prayer from a co-worker whose niece is in the final days of a cancer battle. She has two children at home. Prayers for her family: husband, mother, children, and extended family that God’s peace will permeate their lives at this time.
September 14, 2020
- Minister of Youth and Children Search – Please be in prayer for our Minister of Youth and Children search team as they begin reviewing resumes later this week!
September 4, 2020
- Carolyn Lambert – Carolyn is a new grandmother to baby Emogene!
September 2, 2020
- Elizabeth Auman – Carolyn Auman’s daughter-in-law whose cancer has returned.
September 1, 2020
- Julie Morrow – Carolyn Auman’s neice whose cancer has returned in her lung. They may be looking at removing the lung. She lives in Atlanta, GA.
- Bobbie and Jason Hall – “The past couple of weeks my fibromyalgia has been off the chain. I usually have about 2 flares a year last 3-4 days. This one is more intense and lasting over 2 weeks so far. Jason has had 3 crippling migraines in a week due to barometric changes with weather and myself included. I know this is insignificant compared to the pain and suffering of others but God says pray for all things. amen.”
August 25, 2020
- Jenny Johnson – Sister of Beth Rogers who is in a lot of pain from shingles. Jenny lives in West Palm Beach, Fl.
August 24, 2020
- Daniel Powers – Began his first round of the second stage of chemotherapy today in Maryland. This is an update from a previous request.
- Scott Barnes – Began his first rounds of chemotherapy today. This is an update from a previous request.
- Hilda Lucas – Carolyn Lambert’s best friend’s mother who has been diagnosed with COVID-19. She has advanced parkinson’s an dpneumonia.
- Bonnie Honeycutt – Mother of Brian Honeycutt who fell and broke her right arm. She had surgery last Thursday. Rene requests prayer for her pain to ease and for her to be able to obtain help from in-home services.
- Rayden Bradley – Son of Belinda Kiziah’s fellow teacher. Rayden was born with a handicap and had to have surgery a few months ago. He collapsed over the weekend and is showing signs of a stroke.
August 18, 2020
- Family of Betty Cook Clifton – Aunt of Carolyn Lambert who passed away on Saturday.
- Cyndy Langdon – Sister of Beth Rogers who had surgery this week and is home. She is doing well.
August 17, 2020
- Parents, Students, Teachers, Administrators, and Support Staff – As the school year begins (VIRTUALLY) today, please be in prayer for these folks!
August 12, 2020
- Chase Hall – On-going GI issues that have led to weight loss, body aches, and pain. UPDATE: Chase has been doing better this week!
- Dola & Hannah – Friends of Amy Whittington. Hannah is Dola’s daugther and has recently been diagnosed with a benign lesion on her brain.
- Larry Williams – On-going health concerns and special prayers for his recent hospitalization. This is an update from a previous request. has been updated in the list
August 11, 2020
- The Family of Wade Raynor – Wade passed away on August 11. He was a NA sponsee of Scott Barnes who regularly attended our 8:45AM contemporary service. Please be in prayer for Wade’s family, friends, and all of those who are mourning.
August 10, 2020
- Daniel Powers – Daniel is scheduled to be discharged from Duke after his 30 day stay this Friday. He will then move into the next stage of his chemotherapy. This is an update from a previous request. has been updated in the list
- The Family of Dona Glass – Lawrence Powers’ Great-Aunt who passed away today after a long battle with cancer. She lived in Georgia.
August 4, 2020
- The Family of Kenneth Bell – Mr. Bell passed away on August 4. Please be in prayer for his family, particularly his wife Pat who is known to many in the BBC community.
- The Family of Dr. James Parker – Dr. Parker passed away unexpectedly on August 3. Please be in prayer for his family, patients, and co-workers as they mourn this loss.
- Lester Kreh – Debbie Champagne’s father. His surgery to have a plate inserted along the full length of his femur went well on 8/4. He is unable to return home at this time as his wife cannot care for him. He is likely to need to transition to a nursing home/rehab in a few days. Debbie appreciates the prayers! This is an update from a previous request.
August 3, 2020
- Scott Barnes – Doctors have found four masses and are currently testing them for diagnosis. Scott will find out more information on 8/4 from the oncologist. has been updated in the list
- Laynelle Stancil – Please keep Laynelle’s family in your prayers following the unexpected death of her grandson.
- Lester Kreh – Debbie Champagne’s father. He is having surgery on August 4. He fell twice this past weekend and broke his femur and blew out his knee, which he had just had replaced. has been updated in the list
July 30, 2020
- Jeff Miller – Nora Bowman’s brother died today from on-going medical issues. This is an update from a previous request.
- Will Massengill – Moving to New York City on July 30.
- Jan – Sister of Margene Holak who is being treated for lymphoma at the Mayo Clinic. Has been recieving good news lately!
- Betty Clifton – Aunt of Carolyn Lambert who has been placed on hospice care. Carolyn requests prayer for Betty’s children and husband who also have on-going health issues.
- Heath – Grandson of Jack and Penny Hester who begins a new job at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard on Monday 8/3. Heath recently graduated from ECU.
July 27, 2020
- Jeff Miller – Nora Bowman’s brother who is in critical condition after suffering a stroke. He is in an assisted living facility in NC. has been updated in the list
- Belle Whittington – Amy Whittington’s mother will have surgery on July 30.
July 22, 2020
- Shirley Johnson – June Dunn’s mother who is at Duke Hospital undergoing evaluation and treatment for congestive heart failure. has been updated in the list
- Ansley Honeycutt – She is the four year old great niece of Medwick and Loretta Byrd, and grandaughter of Brent and Serena Honeycutt. She is at UNC Hospital recieving treatement for a rare form of liver cancer. They hope to be able to perform surgery at a date in the near future.
- Carol Reaves – Sister of Brenda Oglesyby who is having her pacemaker replaced.
July 21, 2020
- Sandra Jones – Fell this past weekend requiring 13 stiches. She is home and resting as she heals.
July 20, 2020
- Judy Johnson – Still unable to walk but now has a brace to help her the pain. We continue to pray for healing as she moves forward.
- Daniel Powers – Lawrence Powers’ 18 year old brother who was diagnosed with cancer last week. He is currently at Duke Hospital in Durham through August recieving on-going treatment. has been updated in the list
- Van Jones – Son of Dinah McLamb who lives in Arizona. Van was diagnosed with pain related to three tumors which doctors have not been able to remove completely.
- Sarah Champagne – Debbie Champagne’s daughter-in-law who had an emergency appendecomy this past week.
- Larry Williams – On-going health concerns . has been updated in the list
- Medwick Byrd – On-going health concerns.
- Billy and Linda Massengill – On-going health concerns.
- Hilda Honeycutt – Still healing from recent surgery.
- Alexis Langson – Family requests prayer for her (From William Massengill).
- Ronald Reaves – Brother of Brenda Ogeslby: on-going health concerns.